Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Gardner will bat lead off

Last week I discussed the idea of Brett Gardner batting lead off in the batting order and dropping Jeter down to #2.  I just read an article by Mark Feinsand of the NY Daily news who is reporting sources from the Yankees are indicating that Gardner will bat lead off and Jeter is getting bumped. 

It Makes sense to me and the above link from Feinsand is a great read with much more in depth stats on Gardner in the leadoff spot.  The stats are hard to argue with and Jeter is such a gamer, I'm sure he won't have much trouble adapting back to #2.

I'm a big fan of Mark Feinsand and highly recommend his articles.  You can also hear him on the radio broadcasts in the fifth inning when he joins....Jawn Sterling & Soosan Waldman.  He really makes a point of getting to know the Yankees organization from the front office to the bullpen coaches.  He has been reporting on the Yankees since he was the beat writer with Major League Baseball & Yankees.com a few years back.  He usually is a very good source.

No comments:

Post a Comment